Human trafficking not only crosses national and international borders, but also surfaces at the street level within our local communities. Illinois currently ranks ninth in reports to the National Human Trafficking Hotline. Victims are often hidden away, but it is possible you will encounter individuals or situations of concern. School personnel may encounter this covert crime and play an important role in identifying and responding to human trafficking cases. Knowing how to ‘spot the signs’ could save lives.
- Define Human Trafficking
- Identify populations vulnerable to human trafficking
- Become familiar with the mindset of a victim
- Be able to recognize the signs of trafficking within a residence or business
- Learn about human trafficking trends in Illinois
- Become familiar with the resources and benefits available to victims