Bad news first: Teachers, especially new teachers, are often undervalued, underequipped, and unprepared for the reality of high-poverty classrooms. The result is frustration, fear, and a loss of idealism and enthusiasm, fatal flaws for someone facing 30 fourth-graders and a besieged principal every day. Hopelessness can set in fast.
But before you quit, realize this: Not only can you survive, you can experience the joy and satisfaction you expected when you first decided to teach. Besides, your students need you.
Bestselling author Ruby Payne, Ph.D. was once where you are now. Her insights and solutions are at once personal and professional, and they will help guide you to the knowledge, resources, and mindset you need to create a future story of success and satisfaction. During this workshop, you’ll learn to:
- Find hope when all seems hopeless
- Understand the value you bring and the value you get
- See through the myths that mask stressors and obstacles
- Avoid classroom and professional drama
- Self-assess against rubrics for expertise
- Deal with difficult principals, and “manage up”
- Understand and plan for classroom procedures and testing schedules
- And so much more!
This event will include a catered lunch. Register early to reserve your seat! Seating is limited to the first 75 registered.