Few days in school can top game days for building student excitement and engaging them in learning. This session will present perspectives and hands-on applications that equip participants to integrate students’ natural love for gaming and friendly competition to any classroom. Jim Kestner, nationally recognized for his unique perspectives and methods for making a real difference with students, brings humor, anecdotes, and fun to a hands-on workshop that equips educators to use existing plans and resources in new ways. Participants will discover:
- A step by step guide to gamifying existing curricula
- Electronic tools and resources that work in person and for remote learners
- Strategies for using gamification to differentiating instruction
- Collaborative strategies that bring new perspectives and resources to the classroom
- Ongoing support for implementing workshop strategies after the workshop has ended
This event does include a catered lunch.