This hands-on, personalized session will provide an understanding of the Institute for Multi-Sensory Education’s (IMSE) enhanced Orton-Gillingham method and the tools necessary to apply it in the classroom. After participating in this training, teachers will be better able to assess, evaluate and teach children how to read, write, and spell proficiently.
Teachers will receive training with respect to:
- Phonemic awareness
- Multi-sensory strategies for reading, writing, and spelling
- Syllabication patterns for encoding/decoding
- Reciprocal teaching for reading comprehension
- Multi-sensory techniques for sight words
- Student assessment techniques
- Guidelines for weekly lesson plans
Educators who attend this week long training will receive a multitude of resources! Participants will be expected to attend all 5 days of the training.
Please note, the registration deadline for this event will be Friday, December 18th and there will be limited seats available. Any cancelations must be received no later than Wednesday, December 30th or there will be a $100 processing fee.