Are you interested in developing thematic or interdisciplinary units? If so, then this is for you!
Thematic or interdisciplinary units enable elementary teachers to same classroom time by intentionally connecting one science, social studies, or reading/English theme or topic to other curricular areas. During this presentation, elementary educators will be trained to:
– consider new angles for teaching non-fiction, social studies, or history topics
– select age appropriate curricula
– incorporate free web-based resources (informational texts, primary sources, etc.)
– integrate discipline-specific literacy strategies to guide close reading and text based writing
– develop competency-based, growth assessments of students’ learning.