The Fountas and Pinnell Benchmark Assessment is the most reliable, research-based resource for determining students’ reading levels based on the Fountas and Pinnell A-Z Text Gradient, assessing and understanding students’ reading performance, and connecting assessment to instruction.
– administer, code, and score a Benchmark reading assessment
– determine independent, instructional, and placement levels for readers using the Fountas and Pinnell A-Z Text Gradient
– analyze a child’s reading performance-including reading comprehension, reading rate, and word analysis- to assess the readers’ current processing system
– assess reading fluency using a rubric
– administer a variety of other optional literacy assessments, such as word analysis, print concepts, and reading overview
– gauge the instructional implications for both whole-group and differentiated, small-group instruction.
Participants MUST have the 3rd edition of BAS and this must be brought to the training. A catered lunch will be included in the registration fee.
6.25 PD Hours